Monday, August 29, 2011

Endless Dreams


I remember my first day of school. I stood in the center of my kindergarten class, looked up at the alphabet, and said, “I can write a book when I learn how to write.” Really, that’s what I said.  Several years later during one summer so long ago I wrote a stage play called Buddies On The Run; that now collects dust on my bookshelf. During that summer writing turned into a hobby, and it never stopped. As I blossomed into a teenager I wrote numerous poems about love and heartache, which led to song writing, then short stories, and eventually full-length novels.

Ever since the age of ten, when I read Little House On The Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder, I knew I wanted to be an author. I picked up my first quill at the age of twelve that I bought with babysitting money and started writing. The whole time I was in school from Junior High, High School, to College I wrote and wrote. No report was ever easy. I remember my teachers would often say, “I didn’t ask for a book I asked for a few pages. It’s hard to write a simple email or text message because I find myself typing away, wanting to write a story.

When I started writing Allured a whole new world came into view. I saw their faces, felt their emotions, and hated their enemies. I speak of my characters as real people - not just fantasy, made up inside the dark mind that hides in my soul. I live and breathe each and every one of my characters, knowing everything about them.

I enjoy creating worlds where fantasy can be born. It’s like taking a journey to a foreign land, tasting new foods, meeting new people, and embarking into customs and traditions beyond an endless imagination of dreams.

No comments:

Earth Globe locater